View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #2380
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Though, shall we wrap up the drills? I don't think they're something to linger on. After the drills might bring more opportunity than the drills themselves (I know Coen and Thornden need to actually talk, and soldiers could interact.). I don't think we have enough soldiers being played to have even one-on-one drills be too interesting?
I have been kind of thinking around the same lines, or having a similar dilemma. I am really not keen on writing an one-sided description of Hilderinc having a fight with Random Soldier No.#13, and there is not much of a good choice to fight with somebody else, now that Lithor is gone and other characters who are sort of soldiers, like Crabannan, are not taking part. So the choice would be only if Foley's character (Quin) or eventually one of the bosses (Thornden/Coen) wanted to have fight with Hilderinc (but then, especially with the bosses it probably does not make that much sense). But if nobody wants to, we can as well just make it that there could be some more interaction after the training, like Dury said, possibly using something that happened during the matches as food for thought, resp. talking. And especially if we are faced with the news of the two runaways (and especially the deserting soldier, Lithor) right after the training, the reactions from various characters of ours at one place might be truly interesting.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories