View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #842
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
The Revenge of the Vain Dane

My version of the Bostonmoot. (Also known as "How people I have never had any contact with lived up to my expectations")

Nienna: Nienna and I only started talking online after it was decided that I was going to the Bostonmoot and even then it was about practical stuff, so naturally I had no real expectations. Well, I did expect her to be taller than a smurf, but I turned out to be wrong. Nienna was a person that I did not have much direct contact with, it was always in a larger group (except for the last days). It is a shame because she is truly delightful, one of those people who always seem to be happy, even when she gets annoyed.

Brinniel: I had already met Brinn before and she is a lovely person, unfortunately she does not shine in big groups and that became clear during the Bostonmoot. I for one managed to neglect her and other of the more quiet downers during the moot and it is a pity, because I know what level of awesomeness they posses. Kath, Brinn and I did have tons of fun though, on a short run of madness through the center of Boston.

Feanor of the Peredhil: I expected Fea to be an intellectual, fun individual that would outshine the rest of the mootl. I did not expect her to have absolutely no immune system and I certainly did not expect her to like Aquavit. . . I got along with Fea better than I could have hoped for. To be honest, I kind of expected to be "star struck" and not know what to say, because Fea is just one of those downers that made a massive impression on me when I first joined. . . When talking to downers who have made that sort of impression on me, I often feel like a first grader trying to hang with the cool fourth graders. . . Luckily that was not the case here.

Formendacil: A wise man (me) once foretold that if ever Formendacil and Rune would meet great events where afoot, for good or evil. As it turns out I was right, great things did happen, but since this is a family site I cannot share all the details. And I shall let the future generations judge whether it was for good or evil. I had always seen Form as well balanced, highly intellectual and somewhat funny fellow, as it turns out he was a being of impure thought, much to my liking. (He was everything I imagined he would be and more)

Boromir88: I don't know what I expected Boro to be like. . . I guess I never really got a new mental image of him. In my head he remained "Old Boro", because it was back then, that we had all our talks about the European Union and other evil things. In some ways I think that Boro was surprisingly normal and very non-downer like. He is good laugh, great at sitting on laps and an amazing cooker of turkeys.

Lariren Shadow: Lariren likes history, so I like Lariren. She takes great joy in telling tales and is much more entertaining when doing so, than the rest of us.

Alonariel: I had never ever heard of Alona before, so I did the only proper thing to do, I introduced myself topless. Actually Alona turned out to be an absolute downer gem, not only is she a master of werewolf, but on a personal level she is truly amazing. She is a person who is there when her friends need it and as it turned out, also when strangers need it. [SIZE=3]

Mirandir: She punched me! Luckily she isn't that big, but for a moment I was afraid my pretty face might bruise. . .

Celuien: Another person I did not talk enough with. I especially regret not talking more with Celuien, the other people that I neglected during the Bostonmoot were people I had met before, but this was the first time I met Celuien. I really enjoyed the few times I talked to her, she was very nice to be around and seemed like one of those people who can talk about everything and actually seem knowledgeable. . .I could never do that. I guess she was quite like I imagined her, maybe a bit younger at heart than what I had thought

Encaitare: Encai is probably the love of my life. She is awesome incarnated, as she walks through life with her kickass boots and a winning smile. She is always up for adventure, random weirdness and is probably one of the most good natured people in the world. . .which is good, otherwise she would kill us all!

Shastanis Althreduin: For some reason I always imagined Shasta as a girl, even after I learned that he wasn't. . . I don't know how describe Shasta. . . I didn't see it coming. . .I would never ever have imagined him being the person he is. A bit too fond of Glee, but otherwise amazing. The first real impression he made on me was when he tried to sleep on top of the sofa-back.

Wilwarin538: Wilwa was exactly like I imagined her, the sweetest person ever! That is it. . .no more needs to be said about her

Glirdan: When I heard that Glirdan was coming to the Bostonmoot I became rather happy, as it reminded me of the days of old when I had just died and joined the wights on this site. Back then Glirdan was amongst the people I interacted quite a bit with and I believe we were even talking about co-moding a werewolf game at one point, then he disappeared and I was sad. I guess I was expecting to meet a slightly shy and kind of quiet guy, boy was I wrong. Glirdan totally blew my mind, he is the sort of person that it is impossible to dislike. He is funny, sweet, cleans up your mess and he fits right in your pocket!!! Everything you could want in a friend. . . and I must admit that seeing him and Wilwa get on the greyhound and drive away, was the worst part of my trip to the states

Diamond18: Unfortunately Di was sick for some of the Bostonmoot, which resulted in her being more quiet than normally. She was another of the quiet downers that I neglected during the Bostonmoot, which is a shame because Di truly is lovely company, she will provide pleasant conversation and a snappy remark when you least expect it.

Kath: Kath is the downer I have met the most times and she is always brilliant. Unfortunately she also has a tradition for ruining things for me, by questioning my divinity and right to rule. . .the Bostonmoot was no different

Macalaure: I expected Mac to be tall, dark and to lurk in shadows. Much to my surprise he turned out not to be a super villain. Instead he had a friendly face (and personality) and did not try to kill us all, even when he had the chance. Instead he made us a lovely meal. I am sure there are much more to Mac's personality than what I saw, he seems like he holds back in large groups

Rikae: I also got the feeling that Rikae is better in a small group of people that she knows well, but even so she managed to leave a quite good impression. Just like Fea she enjoys a bit of aquavit and she is a master of wicked comments.

the wereduckling: Adorable. . .Unfortunately she was so much in demand by the other downers that I hardly got to play with her, I did try to speak Danish to her though. . . I thought the response was rather positive.

the phantom: In some ways the Phantom remains a mystery, though not in the same way as on the downs. Here he is a dark shade of ego and awesomeness, in real life he is more like a bag of mixed nuts. A very pleasant and tasty snack, where every bite is from the same category, yet at times you get a nut that is not what you expected and does not go well together with the ones you just ate. . . (yes it is a rather poor analogy). The conversations with the Phantom would be very interesting and funny, often including sports, werewolf and English comedy, but I was left with the feeling that I never got to know the "real" phantom.

I hope I did not leave anybody out. . .

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 01-30-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote