View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #60
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I was actually going to sleep but while brushing my teeth I actually came to think about this and thought I'd better share it before logging out.

Now there was something that bothered me with Rikae's stance on the issue, but it was also that something on the whole issue didn't seem like right. And now I think I found the reason for it.

So the rules say this (bolding mine):
Quote:
Originally Posted by The rules
Lovers: All players will have a lover counterpart with whom they can correspond via PM at all times. Ordos and wolves may be paired up. Unlike normal lovers, the lovers in this game will be able to survive if their counterpart is killed.
So it actually says that the thing that is different from a normal lovers' role is solely the fact that the other part to the relationship can outlive the other - and that is actually nothing unheard of as we've had that kind of games before - and it might have interesting follow-up's depending on how the innocents are able to guess on their lover or how the wolves work with their lovers respectively. And how the allegiances work in the first place - of these I'm quite optimistic.

But that would actually mean also that the winning conditions for lovers will be the same as they always have been, eg. that the lovers only win together as there is no mention about a new ruling where a lover can win without her/his mate. The only difference to the rule is that they can outlive one another (and of course after that freed from the relationship and able to be what they wish). There is no mention of a possible new victory-condition for one lover without another (and what kind of lovers' roles would those be in the first place?).

So I can see now why no-one has come forwards to betray their mate - if they knew the identity of their lover in the first place. And the wolves have probably checked this out already a long time ago and just smile at us trying to figure it out.

So were you not thinking of this Rikae while you boasted on being on top of the issues or did you try to achieve something with your polemics on the issue while knowing it and still trying to look like you didn't?

Well, do not forget that angle to the issue toMorrow.

And good luck!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote