View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #50
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. I went back the thread to see who were the multitude who rushed to say it was clear from the beginning which the rules were and to my surprise I only found Rikae repeating the point multiple times - and Shasta actually just agreeing on the fact that it was clear there could be wolf-innocent lover-pairs... So interesting how fact beats feeling...

But even more interestingly Rikae first says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae on #21
I'm a bit confused about the lover roles myself - in fact, I'm going to take another look at the admin thread, since as I understand it the setup seems a bit lopsided in the wolves' favor, but maybe I'm misunderstanding it.
Then on her next post she says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae on #22
Just went to the admin thread - so, lover roles don't mean much in game terms, then. That's what I thought, before Nog confused matters above.
And soon she's able to say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae on #31
the admin thread indicates these lovers are different...
And finally:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae on #34
After all, the rules are there in the admin thread for all to see.
So from self-admitted confusion to underlining how the rules are out there loud and clear? It's not something I'd vote for Rikae on Day1 but a reason for caution with her already this early in the game. At least to me the rule was cleared only after Gwath's clarification in the discussion thread a few hours ago and not in the rules themselves when we started.

Anyway.

Now where's Lari?

Also Lottie and Morsul have only posted some banter - and interestingly both have posted lists of suspicions like no one else I think - and on the first hours of the game. Now that might have been for fun, it might have been to encourage discussion (as Lottie actually says explicitly). But I think it is a case to be noticed anyway - at least at this stage of D1.

I think Alonariel, Inzil and Izzy have been openly confused and inquisitive trying to find out things and I'd thus not vote anyone of them toDay as to me they feel the fairest.

I might count Wilwa among them as well, but her post #33 strikes me as something that one could interpret in different ways; the one where she talks of it being unfair against the wolves if the lovers just gave up their mates - like if they knew... or does her lover know she is a wolf? But that would be too clumsy for Wilwa - and as I agree with sportiveness in every role it makes me feel appreciating her general line of thought and thus I would hate to vote for her on that on D1.

What to say about Sally, Glirdy (may I still call you that Glirdan?) and Shasta then?

I'd hate to see Glirdy gone on D1 after he has come back to play after so many years. And actually I think he has been one of the really few who has been making a point on some people (even if an uneducated one concerning me, but anyway) while most others have just concetrated on covering their backs and not making any points on any one person in particular.

Shasta seems to end up being my usual suspect and thus I'm very reluctant to vote him just because I'm having suspicions; I could be wrong once again. Not that he has contributed a lot - but neither have most others.

Sally then is like her playful self which might indicate innocence... but what she says in here makes me a bit worried because of the insight it seems to bear with it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally on #29
This lover discussion could get out of hand pretty quickly. My theory is that you want your lover to live and they give you extra insight, but if you're on the opposite side from your lover you might be in deep trouble, so it's smart to be careful what you say. The lovers are just for PMing purposes and to make the game a bit more fun. At least that's my opinion.
Like it was something she had actually needed to mull over for a while? Not that I'd say Sally wouldn't be able to think that as an ordo but as that has been the only "serious" thing she has said apart from general banter and fun... well that makes me think. So is that too close for her?

Okay. Needs to think for a moment and then vote. (and read the latest meanwhile)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote