View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #2326
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nice to see you back around Nerindel! If you have any complaints on how Matrim is used while you have been away, please let us know. They can be changed - unless it is old enough and has consequences with the basic storyline and thus is being past redeeming (not that I remember there being such instances further back there).

I'll write something in tomorrow.

Also I've finally had time to sent Groin a PM. Let's hear what he says.

But meanwhile - as I said earlier - there is a lot we could do without referring to Groin's last post as that is something that happened a bit later than where the thread is right now and the things described there could be found out even later. That would also give Groin time to consider, whether he wishes to come back and change a thing or two - or not.

Actually I think now that if he doesn't wish to come back we should at least try to think how we could deal with it and not bother Pio. We can take the post as his last challenge for us to overcome together.

And what a challenge would it be! A murder and a get-away! Erbrand and Lithor would be declared outlaws by king Eomer for manslaughter - and making peace with the two groups would be much harder (it wasn't looking hard already?) as lord Athanar and those coming with him would now think the "original MeadHallers" as murderers... for a reason.

How to get over that? Any suggestions?

If it feels too hard, we'll call for Pio to delete Groin's post and just make Erbrand and Lithor to run away, but let's think of it first. It would be sad to call for deletion of such a laboured post

But if it destroys the future of this game we have no other chance.

So any ideas?

How would the character's of you older writers react to the news?

I can say readily that Stigend (and probably Garstan as well) would be appalled and reconsider what they thought of Erbrand... and looking at how Lithor behaved... also him. They had honoured them both but would now... well, reconsider to say the least.

How about the character's of you others?

I'd like to hear from you all actually as to hear whether it is possible to continue with that post by Groin or not (eg. do we have to contact Pio or not).

But as I said, we have lots to write before anyone has to pay any attention to that post.

So let me see it!

Heh, a funny idea... is there a thing that brings people together better than a common enemy? No there isn't.

So could Erbrand and Lithor (and Scyld) work as scapegoats to all the possible rivalries thus uniting the people? It would of course not be as easy or straightforwards as that, but in the end that might be actually believable...

What do you think?

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-09-2010 at 07:00 PM.