View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 02:09 PM   #37
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

It is wrong when it becomes your god. Like drinking is wrong when it becomes your god, or another owrd for this is when you become addicted. Also I think that it may not be right for some people to read Harry potter. If you can't take the perspective that this is not real and become obbsessed to the point of loosing sight of what is real then there is a problem. I will take my vampire obsession that I had and am still dealing with today. I was loosing sight of all things good and beutifull, blood, to me, sounded like a snack. And I scared myself, when things got a little too deep. So that is all I have to say on that.

I think LOTR is a wholesome thing and this guy is just judgeing people out of his own elf ritousness(yes that can even become an idol). This self ritousness is denounced in the Bible a lot. If you look up those scriptures that I posted earlyer than you will find that some of them deal with it. This person is bent, they are twisted. I think that this has a lot to do with the buring of books that the Nazis did. When people burned Betles records because of what John Lennon said(he was not saying that he was better than Christ, just that in his time he was more popular than Christ 2000 years ago). Elvis albums because of hip, and the list goes on. I had an a principal of mine tell me that Pink Floyd was posessed! We all have to think for ourselves and serch for truth. After all God is truth. And in the end we are all on one gient spaceship and He is the only one who knows where it is going.