View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #188
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
So what happened yesterday...on Mondays and Wednesdays I return from my research expeditions at 3:30 (EST) and for some reason I calculated 5 to be the DL. When Morsul said it was 4 for him, I was a little confused, because he's in EST too. But for whatever reason, when I returned from the expedition I had it in my mind it was 5 pm, and I take my jolly good time writing a post, believing I had over an hour to vote. By the time I post it, it's 17 minutes past the DL.

I didn't cast my vote yet, still thinking I had a while, but I was leaning towards Inzil and this is the post that I deleted from yesterday...

-------

Quote:
I don't feel at all confident in my previous statement about Boro at this point; I was sleepy, it was 1AM, and even then it just me going with my gut... and later being sort of irritated at what I perceived as an inflammatory response.~Bes
My apologies, but try to get used to it. I'm very theatrical, over-the-top, and sometimes sarcastic, which of course can be seen as inflammatory. Interesting backpedalling yourself though...

Quote:
Last minute bandwaggon against me? At least Inzil's vote should be guaranteed...

Joy.~Mac
For what it's worth I have no intention of voting for you. For once you don't have to feel like I'm a vote for you "waiting to happen."

It's not because you've defended me, but you were dead on about wolf-Boro backing away from controversial statements, and not desiring to slam down to try and prove I'm right. Of course Eomer and Morsul are also right to point out my unpredictability and the thrill of the fight, as a wolf, I wouldn't say I'm more cautious, but I definitely choose my battles more carefully.

I love the feeling of having no responsibility besides making a vote. I can just say whatever I want and not care what happens to me, nor feel like if I die early that I'm letting anyone down.

Anyway, the bigger reason is I think Inzil's case is not only weak, but faulty.

Quote:
And I still think he was entirely too quick to use the Boro controvery-which-shouldn't-have-been as a reason to cast suspicions.~Inzil
I don't get it, and to be honest I was questioning Mac's motives when he first made the post of people reacting to my controversy. However, that wariness was because I questioned his motives, it had nothing to do with the "speed" that he did it. Once Mac provided his reasons for doing it, the wariness went away.

Nerwen had a point that at least one wolf would probably ignore the controversy altogether, but that doesn't disprove the fact that Mac is correct, several people jumped on it, and then several more either agreed with me, or then back-pedalled there is likely wolf involvement. Greenie said the debate itself over who is right, or if I'm using terrible logic, is pointless, but it did provide lots of reading and involvement from nearly everyone.

I was wary of Mac at first, but it had nothing to do with the speed with which he did it. To suspect him for jumping in too fast is weak and faulty.

--------

That was it, so now debate this...You have 24 hours - the time that this post appears.

I've also finished going through 11 people's posts from yesterday, of course the bottom half of the posters, because reading through all you jabber-mouth scientists is just tedious. Plus, it took me much longer than I thought to go through wilwa's posts. I will post my thoughts on all of 'em in a bit and try to get the rest of you done by the end of the day. No guarantees there.

Can we assume that based on people believing there would be an actual lynch that neither Inzil nor Mac are gifted?

Last edited by Boromir88; 12-01-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: bolding names
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote