View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 02:57 PM   #20
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Quote:
If you have attended the movies and enjoyed the occult books and allowed your children to do the same, you are an enemy of God. Or if you or your children have read the satanic books and delight in the occult, spells, wizardry, and witchcraft, you are an enemy of God! Then know this: YOU ARE NOT SAVED! YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN! Stop kidding yourself! You love committing a sin that God considers an abomination. Therefore you do not belong to God and have aligned yourself with Satan.

Go ahead and laugh and mock when warned and corrected. You are a God rejecting, unteacheable, hellbound sinner. It doesn't matter if you attend some kind of a church. You are lost and perishing. Just one heartbeat from hell would be a good description of your life right now! Don't be self-deceived and think that you can eat from the occultic table of the devil and profess to be a Christian at the same time. Here is what the Bible says

This is legalism in it finest hour. Also this is what gives Christians a bad name. So many of these people believe that if you so much as look at the book you are no longer a Christian. So much of your salvation rests on works and other STUPID cercumsatial stuff that if they looked at themselves in the mirror some old Pharisee would be looking right back at him.

Quote:
And many of them are small legalistic church schools that are so narrow minded that the very mention of a wizard denotes witchcraft. I am saying this cause i just met this guy in my CS 150 class that goes to one of these small legalistic churches (I am Baptist by the way and I am not as bad as this) He says that just because there are "wizards" in the LOTR that he won't read it because he stays away from that. I know that the books were written from the views of Hobbits and I expressed this. I also expressed the fact that the wizards were Istari and not human and therefor had different powers than were given to the children of Iluvitar. I also brought in a book that explained all of this better than I could.( another one that my Baptist, missionaries widow, grandmother wants to steal from me. Mussssst have itsss my presssioussss!) But like I said its these small legalistic church schools that ban good books like this, or just the legalistic churches. My mother, a teacher in the public school system and Baptist, is showing her class the old animated movies for the end of the year. She was also obsessed with them when she was around my age and all that stuff, and she genuinely likes all of this stuff. But still I think that a head honcho should read the books and books about the books before making a horrendous decision like that of those small fascist torture chambers.(by-the-way, I hate legalists. I mean they bother me. They tend to act like the Pharisees and Sagacious)
And this is a reply that I posted on another thread here

]
Quote:
Many are justifying the occult and their enjoyment of it. People who claim to be Christian and who ought to know better are involving themselves with the occult. They are enjoying Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. Many who are enjoying the occult and are rationalizing reasons to justify their acceptance of occult entertainment.

Here is an example of blind justification of evil: The most foolish argument I've heard is the claim that the writer of Lord of the Rings is a Christian therefore his occult books are OK to read. Let's answer that dumb argument right away! NO he is not a Christian! The man is a lost hellbound Roman Catholic who loved spells, witchcraft, wizardy, and other forms of the occult. His demonic fruit in Lord of the Rings speaks very clearly that he is not one of God's people. The authors of occult entertainment such as Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings are nothing more that Satanic pied pipers leading people to the devil. They are leading people away from God and the Bible and straight into the occultic arms of Satan. Why would a professing Christian even attempt to justify the occult. The only reason I can think of is these people never were saved in the first place!
Well what happened to really looking into people. He would probably love CS Lewis.

But this is what I have read concerning Tolkien and magic.

Quote:
Far too many people try to compare J.R.R. Tolkien and J.K. Rowling, just because both of them tell stories about imaginary worlds inhabited by wizards. Not much about their stories is similar. Harry Potter lives in a world full of magic : spells, wands, potions, and flying broomsticks. In Tolkien's world, the wizards (and others) of Middle-Earth preform very little magic. In fact, Tolkien denies that magic is important in his world. He made a point of saying that he uses the word "wizard" to mean something "utterly distinct from Sorcerer or Magician" ( The letters of J.R.R. Tolkien edited by H. Carpenter with C. Tolkien, 159).

...In a letter written after LOTR was published, Tolkien worries that he is "too casual" about referring to magic in the book, and especially about terming it "magic" at all....

One problem is that LOTR is told from the point of view of hobbits. As Tolkien says in the prologue, "Hobbits have never, in fact, studied magic of any kind" ( The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, I). They don't know much about Elves or humans, either. So what appears as magic to them -- such as Aragorn's ability to heal-- might be superior knowledge rather than actual enchantment. Even Galadriel fails to understand why the hobbits think Elves are magical, as she tells Sam when showing him her Mirror.

Also some characters, like Gandalf and Saruman, who appear to use magical spells, were actually created as supernatural beings by Iluvitar, the God in Tolkien's world. Their God-given gifts are something quite different from magic.

These explanations don't cover every case, because Tolkien developed the philosophy behind Middle-Earth over time, not as part of a plan. It's not fair to expect him too be perfect. However, you can generally assume Tolkien wanted to limit the magic in Middle-Earth. He didn't want characters to build towers with the wave of a magic wand, or to fly to Mount Doom by sprinkling fairy dust. He wanted life to be hard. He wanted the Fellowship's mission to destroy the One Ring to be tough and dangerous. That's what makes it worth while.
( The Magical Worlds of the Lord of the Rings by David Colbert, 2002)

I think that sums up a lot. The other thing that I want to point out is that this person who wrote this, is not being kind.

Quote:
Donot speak evil things against each other, my dear bothers and sisters. If you criticize each other and condemn each other, then you are criticizing and condemning God's law. But you are not a judge to decide whether the law is right or wrong. Your job is to obey it. God alone, who made the law, can rightly judge among us. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to condemn your neighbor.
James 5:11-12

And again:
Quote:
I know that i should not judge, i am trying to persuade a few people. But that is just what i personally think. i have gone to one of those tiny schools with a legalist fro the principal. frankly i am terrified of enclosed spaces and that was about five or six years ago! What i was trying to say was exactly what my grandmother said about this topic when i brought it up to her.
These are my thoughts on the issue at hand and if you want to PM me feel free. I just sent them a copy of this post; with a few changes of course.

Edit. another paper of stuidity. And oha yes:

Quote:
C.S. LEWIS AND HIS OCCULTISM

Lewis has also written some occultic stories that many have read. Again there is no such thing as using the occult for good. It is all evil and should be rejected by those who love and belong to God.
and

Quote:
THIS IS A FACT - HELLBOUND LOST SINNER!

If you have attended the occultic movies, or allowed your children to attend. Or if you or your children have read the above satanic books. Then know this: YOU NEED TO REPENT AND REJECT YOUR OCCULTIC INVOLVMENT. You have committed an abomination to God by partaking of Satan's occultism and wizardry.

After repenting in prayer you need to purge out your homes of the satanic books and movies. Get rid of that Satanic junk. Destroy it and throw it out lest it become a curse unto you!

For those of you who refuse to repent I will make the following statement: YOU ARE NOT SAVED! YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN! How can you be? How can you love and partake of Satan's abomination without any concern or care of obedience? This cannot be done! You either belong to God or the devil. if you want to justify and excuse your occult entertainment, then go ahead Mr. or Mrs. non-Christian! You are just a lost hellbound professing tare and you love and accept the things of the devil.

You are a God rejecting, hellbound sinner. It is as simple as that. It doesn't matter if you attend some kind of a church. You are lost and perishing. Just one heartbeat from hell would be a good description of your life right now! Don't be deceived and think that you can eat from the occultic table of the devil and still be a Christian. Here is what the Bible says:

1 Cor 10
20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

BLIND AND LOST

Of course people who love the things of the devil are lost and blind. They may even attend some kind of a church and even dare to call themselves a Christian! Some would even get angry reading this tract because it clearly states they are false Christian tares. However, people who love the occult are blinded by the devil. Here is what the Bible says:

2 Cor 4
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

...Satan's apostates will defend Satan's work and occultism. You will see Satan's tares defend occultism and witchcraft found in Potter, Lord of the Rings, and CS Lewis' stories. This type of evil will be popularized by the tares. Potter, Lord of the Rings, snd CS Lewis' occult stories will be proclaimed as good Christian reading material and people will be encouraged to read. Those without any care of discernment will go with the popular flow and partake of the devils occultism. The lost tares will gladly partake and defend these evil things of the devil.

For those who belong to God, they will know these warnings in this tract are true. If some repentance and housecleaning is required, then it will be done. It is possible for a saved person to be duped. However, saved people respond to sound Biblical doctrine. God's people also have a desire to please and serve the Lord Jesus. When they learn of a particular sin or abomination, they will turn from it. The tares on the other hand, will love and enjoy the devil's occultic dainties. Those who love snd belong to God will obey and do what is right. The tares will just continue being tares!
Sound familier?

[ June 01, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]