View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 10:38 AM   #15
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Well, that made me laugh out loud. It was very difficult to have even the slightest respect for the writer's opinion - since for me, it mostly seemed to revolve around 'Harry Potter and LOTR are occultic' yet he never gave the slightest bit of evidence from either to back this up. I hate arguments with no evidence [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] If you must argue, do it properly.

In any case, I simply CAN'T understand how LotR can be viewed as evil. Not because good wins over evil - but did the writer of that article pay the slightest attention to how good won over evil? It wasn't through occultic practises, or spells (even if Gandalf helped them along occasionally) it was through will power and strength of heart, and all those other qualities that are good. Not by the occult.

I strongly advise Alan Yusko to firstly, read the books that he is condemning so strongly (of course, he never will) and then, hopefully having learned something, attempt to back up his argument with evidence.

Oh, and there is ALWAYS room for debate. It annoyed me when he said that...it just seems so close-minded. There is no clear right or wrong.