View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #248
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
First few posts are Junk, believes Mith started the first poster theory, finds Sauce's reserve "a-typical."

(SPM seems to have conveniently missed that when he reviewed Boromir's posts. But that's very slight.)
Actually, I didn't - it's in my notes. But I didn't think it worth mentioning because I thought it pretty inconsequential and in any event contrary to his other thoughts on me. I thought much the same about his comments on Inzil and one or two others. I focussed only on those things that I thought may possibly have provoked a Wolf kill. And I still disagree with you on this point. After Morsul, his main suspect was sally. With Morsul dead, he was likely to focus more on her toDay had he survived. And he explicitly stated that he was tempted to vote for Lari and that he would be looking more closely at her toDay. If anyone wanted to kill him because of something he said, then those two are the most likely in my view. But, as I said, I don't think that it's the strongest piece of evidence against either of them, quite apart from the fact that he may just have been killed because the Wolves spotted him as the Bear.

I agree that he was (contrary to McCaber's assertion) most certainly not a trailless kill. But I can see some merit in Fea's suggestion that he may have been killed because the trail was confusing or potentially misdirecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
It's not cute anymore, Fea. Nor is it helpful.
Well, I thought it cute. But I agree that it wasn't helpful. Happily, she has made rather more substantive contributions since.

Now, I hate to agree with what appears to be emerging as a concensus among the chatterati here, but I do rather agree that neither Greenie nor McCaber have done themselves any favours toDay. Greenie looks suspicious for backing away from her suspicion of Nog and for voting for sally after some suspicion had been voiced about her (including a suggestion by me that I might vote for her). And McCaber's vote for Noggie is another one of those 'out of the blue' votes that's as flimsily reasoned as he suggests Nog's vote was yeterDay. Actually, it's worse. And I am not sure that I like his suggestion that Boro was a no-track kill, when it clearly wasn't. It makes me wonder whether there might be something to look for in the trail after all.

I am still toying with the idea of voting for either Lari or sally, on the basis of yesterDay's Hakon vote. But Lari has not appeared toDay and sally has said little of consequence. So there is nothing more to go on toDay for either of them. Which may, I suppose, be a reason in itself to vote for one of them. But, if I do, which one?

Also, am I missing something or has Nerwen still not explained why she didn't vote yesterDay?