View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #101
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
So I'm up to reading post #55 and am stopping for a break...

The first few posts were junk posts (mine included). Sally does bring up the theory that the first posters are typically wolves, SpM accuses (less "seriously" than the rest of his post) all the first posters, and Inzil wonders the statistics of the theory.

Interesting...I assign the start of the 1st-poster theory to Mith, because it was my first game and she first mentioned it. It could have been someone else before, but I just personally think of Mith. She was a wolf then, but she's also propsed the same as an innocent. It is reasonable to think the evil ones will be excited and anxious to get the game started, thus are the first to post, but the results are rather mixed. I mean someone could just want to be the first to post and get started regardless of role.

Sauce, jests with all of his top-suspects being the first posters, I don't see anything wrong with that. The only thing that gets me suspicious about Sauce is when he said he was going to "reserve judgement" about suspects for now. This strikes me as not a typical Sauce, who before has criticized me for saying I wanted to try a more "observation" role, instead of being my typical blabber-mouth.

Inzil asks about actual statistics and displays curiousity about, which gets me slightly suspicious, as it looks like he's trying to get people seriously suspecting the 1st posters. And only slightly suspicious because he could be honestly curious about the actual stats and then using that as his way to vote, which makes a more reasonable vote than casting a random one.

I'm most suspicious of sally though, who states she did not want to be the 1st-poster because she wanted to avoid the "crap," yet she still posts nothing else except a youtube link for the modgoddess. That gets me the most suspicious, she actually tried to avoid looking like the suspicious "1st-poster," but still makes a post that says nothing. Then her next post she just says she's leaving.

Now onto the 3 or 4 bad wolf, good wolf curfluffle. Sauce looks innocent, in the way that he tries to clear up the confusion over the number of wolves, and the good-wolf talk. There was obvious confusion caused by Mira's poor math skills in the one instant (no worries, once while trying to make a point during a lesson I wrote 8-5 was 4 ). Anyway the point is there was obviously confusion and with the way it was written, it looks like an honest misunderstanding not someone faking ignorance over rules.

Why suspect Roa for going after Sauce though? If someone says something that is wrong, whether it was an honest mistake or not, I would hope someone else jumps in and corrects it. Roa's questions were aimed to clear up confusion as well as what Sauce was thinking about his "good wolf" talk, someone want to explain what is suspicious there?

I am suspicious of Morsul's little question about it. If anything that is the one that looks like fake ignorance.
Quote:
I agree the bear should be a top priority I mean we have to kill three(or is it four?)wolves to eliminate their nightly kill, but only one bear to get rid of his or her kill. Seventeen people... 5 wolf/bears... so 12 Innocents considering we lynch the wrong person. in theory 4 days is our time limit for the village...~post 17
First he says 3, but then asks if it's 4. Then in the bolded part it looks like he already knows the true answer "5 wolf/bears" there's only 1 bear, a slip that you knew already there were 4 wolves?

Then in #32 he does the math and points out:
Quote:
3 Wolves Not Four!
Which Roa responds in #39 that Mira made a typo or her math is wrong. Mira clears up there are 4 wolves. So, I think out of that entire discussion Morsul looks the most suspcious.

Edit crossed with everything after Roa's #92, which reminds me I forgot to say something about that post. (see upcoming post)