View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 01:53 AM   #109
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I'm finally attempting to write something. It is truly awful, but I am having fun writing it! That's the most important part. No Mary Sue--Frodo, Sam and Gollum are the only characters besides random orcs and a bunch of props. (I suppose one might say that Frodo is close to being my potential Mary-Sue (Frodo-Sue?) of sorts, since I identify with him. Does that count?) No romance of any sort, though, as it is set in the decidedly un-romantic setting of the Stairs and Tower of Cirith Ungol. It is a study in absurdity, really--almost a comedy but it isn't funny enough.

And, Morgul Queen, what's a Nuzgul? I commend you for going as far as postulating the parentage and characteristics of Celebrimbor in this way. Of course, there are rogue genes in the Noldor themselves, aren't there? I always wondered if Nerdanel and her descendants were the only red-headed Elves (it could be a recessive trait even through Curufin, couldn't it?) I suppose you could prove almost anything if it doesn't conflict utterly. Also, I think they used the prefix Celeb- for any silver part of them, i.e., Celebrindal "Silver foot" I think. The only problem with Elves is the amazing volumes of HoME I haven't read! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I think I'll wait until I'm a little better at it to try the "Uruk-Sue," although that is an amusing thought! "The Littlest Orc in Moria," a tale by Mary Sue Ugluk! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Best of luck with your Uruk-Sue Elennar! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Lyta

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:54 AM January 28, 2004: Message edited by: Lyta_Underhill ]
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote