View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #233
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
By the way, this is actually a pretty good point too. So we WILL basically know the true Ranger by the next morning, even if the WWs don't kill the real one.
Not necessarily. Our true ranger could be bluffing about who they protected. I kinda doubt Hakon would bluff if he's the real ranger, though a ranger wilwa could easily be. But we can't eliminate that possibility for either of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwa
Well at the beginning of the Day Pitch's first post just struck me the wrong way, but I wasn't planning to say anything right away, well honestly cause I didn't want to look bad. So when Morsul revealed I was more inclined to believe him, since Pitch had already looked suspicious to me. Obviously now I don't believe Morsul anymore. He's the Agent, he has to be, so I don't understand why people have voted for him, we should just leave him alone and try to get a wolf. The agent is harmless out in the open, they do far more damage when they're still hidden. So we're lucky here.

Now. This may make alot of sense, but it also may not, to me it does anyway. I think me, Hakon and Pitch will all still be alive tomorrow. Because Hakon is wolf, so they're not gonna kill him. And they're not gonna kill me cause they're gonna want Hakon to continue to look good, and in order to do that they have to keep Pitch alive (since that's who he's supposedly "protecting") and me being dead, well it'll reveal who I really am and the wolves don't want that right now.

So we know we get atleast one more dream out of Pitch (two actually because I can protect him the next Night). I don't think he should waste that dream on me, Morsul or Hakon. We already know Morsul is the Agent, no reason to waste a dream on that, and you all know either me or Hakon are the Priest and a Wolf. So therefore the dream should go towards someone else all together. Make sense?
This post just makes me a bit more uneasy about wilwa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Theoretically, Pitch could be a wolf, and his giving up SPM a plot to ensure his being thought innocent the rest of the game.
However, if Pitch survives beyond Day 3 or so, I would have to assume he was a wolf and go for him. Everyone knows that a revealed Seer is a dead Seer. It's only a matter of time. If he wasn't killed by the wolves after the oportunities for the Priest to protect him ran out, we'd have his number.
I do appreciate your giving me the all-clear though, as I am indeed innocent.
Legate just made a really good point about this quote. A wolf Inzil wouldn't want to eliminate the possibility that Pitch could be lying so that if the wolves decide to intentionally leave him alive then we'll start to doubt Pitch's innocence and lynch him. It'd be a risky move to leave a seer alive and dreaming, though perhaps our wolves are afraid to kill him anyway with the possibility of hitting the ranger's protection and would rather have the village take care of him. Another thing that worries me about this quote is that last line. Anyone who clearly states "I am innocent" always makes me wary because someone who is really innocent does not need to emphasize or reassure that truth unless they are being heavily suspected at the time.

I'm finding Inzil as rather creepy. His posts remind me a bit from last time he was a wolf, though it's possible I may be mixing up what I find to be wolfish behaviour with what his general playing style is.