View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #1653
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Great posts people! I was almost weeping when I got to the end of Lommy's post... Way to go!

Then to a small problem...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Nog, in post 491 you mention Rowenna telling Eodwine he needs to stop work, and then she freaks out when he gets worse, but Rowenna left with Degas for the Folde the morning after the wedding. She won't be back at the Folde until I bring Degas back as soon as he gets the news. (Which will be ASAP since the Folde is barely outside of the Midemnet, on the far side of the Snowborne, and he's a very swift rider).
Okay, I have now edited Rowenna out from that post and can now see where the misunderstanding came from.

I just had the idea that Degas and Rowenna had left but when you started talking about writing them again I thought that I had just remembered it the wrong way and you had only discussed about them leaving and not made it a deal - and so presumed they were still at Scarburg.

Well, now we just have to make a decision together.

I'll suggest we take one of the following routes...

A) The landlords come and there is de facto only Saeryn and Thornden to greet them. Maybe some others might rise to the occasion and try to defend the king's claim - which probably would not do any good to their claims if the landlords are questioning the authority of the Mead Hall which so seemingly is without a lord now... why to pay taxes to some outlanders, plain workers or a pregnant woman? What kind of mötley crew inhabits this place?

B) We edit basically my post and decide the landlords are only coming in a week or so, so that Degas (and Rowenna) have time to come back to defend the Mead Hall with Saeryn? In that case you might also wish to write Saeryn to go with her husband to Edoras now as there would be time for her to come back (maybe hoping to come back with her husband who is healthy and well again?).

C) We decide that Degas and Rowenna had not gone away after all (they have been delayed by fex. promising to help with the rushed building project) and are at the Mead Hall as we speak...

So what do you think?

I think I would suggest the choice A), but I'll be happy with any of the three - or if someone comes up with even a better plan.

I thought of writing the landlords in this evening but will now postpone it until Friday (this week, in two days that is) when I'm back from our summer cottage. I hope to have your views on the subject meanwhile, especially those of Foley and Fea whose characters the results would affect the most.