View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #126
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Oxonmoot was too short, but socially it was very good. Although I do fear that Squatter, Hooky and have scared everybody away. Especially our "Did you know that Edward the Confessor. . ." game seemed to strike fear into our enemies (and friends) hearts.

I arrived in Oxford quite early and had many hours to kill before check in before the others arrived or even check in to my hostel. I spend most of these in The eagle and child, here the bartender served me some awful drink named "Snake Bite" that the youth of Enlgand apparently like, I found it truly awful. Later I moved to the lamb and flag, I must have waited 30 min. or so before Hookbill showed up and later so Narfforc.

The three of us had great fun and not only did we solve all the worlds problems, we also established the fact that Narfforc lives in a pond.

It was really great to talk a bit to Narfforc this moot (last year he was not too well), I also talked alot more with Guinevere this time arround.

Bethberry is a truly lovely person with a great sense of humour, also she is very tolerant. . .she showed that by spending hours in the company of drunken versions of Squatter and I.
I especially liked it when she asked us "did you guys invent each other?"

I also met up with Kath monday afternoon in London before heading home to Copenhagen.

Maybe, just maybe, I will make a more structured entry and post it on "I met a fellow. . ."
He gave you Snake Bite? I don't think anyone has drunk that since about 1987 when Goth was at its height and everyone went about in a preacher hat and drank Snakebite and Black.

Ewwwwww....you deserve a medal for attempting that stuff.