View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 08:09 AM   #55
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Responding as I read, so this may be jumbled:
Quote:
Originally Posted by legate
Well as for the Wolf-for-Captain business, Nerwen is right about that it's probably the most dangerous thing that could happen. However, I think the Wolves would try to approach such a position somewhat subtly. Though not necessarily, of course.
A wolf could always try bluffing. And seeing as there are four wolves, they can try out more than one strategy to get one of themselves picked. I, for one, don’t believe that people who want power should have it. But a wolf could always be subtle: “Sure, you could vote for me, if you want… not that I care, or anything…”
Quote:
Originally Posted by legate
And I don't get the Fea and Boro business at all and I also have no idea why somebody should be picking in it. Because I thought that it's just something completely normal, like, what's happening? Nothing is happening, so what's the problem? (With both of them and for the others.)
That was actually my point. Boro was saying that what Fea did was suspicious, and I can’t see a reason for him to think so, so I’d like him to explain why he thought so. If he cannot, then it looks a lot like someone trying to create suspicion where none would otherwise be. With no seer, there is only one reason why someone would do that.
Why shouldn’t we be looking at it? The behavior on Boro’s part is suspicious, ergo I question him. Why does that seem odd to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir88
Is asking for further explanation from a throwaway one sentence comment a crime?
Quote:
In this situation, I was not convinced that Fea's statement, regarding why voting and retracting for me was "nothing more complicated" than being alphabetically first. So, I needed a quote which would show my lack of being convinced, and ask for further explanation. Maybe it wasn't obscure, but I found it fitting regarding the situation, and pretty clever.
You didn’t answer my question. You said weren’t convinced that Fea used you to throw away her retractables because your name was first alphabetically. I want to know why you should need convincing of it. And no, it’s not a crime, but the comment was not a throwaway, and there was nothing suspicious about it. Your implication of suspicion here is what I find suspicious, and you have yet to give a satisfactory answer as to your reaction.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote