View Single Post
Old 09-13-2002, 08:08 PM   #2
Mithuial
Animated Skeleton

Mithuial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mithuial
Sting

k, let me refer you to the Silmarillion, Chapter 2 "Of Aule and Yavanna." This was before the coming of elves and Aule was kinda bored and really wanted some people to whom he could teach craftsmanship and lore, so he made the dwarves, but he hid it from the other Valar. Yavanna, his wife, when she found out about it was upset that she hid it from her, and she said, "Yet because thou hiddest this though from me until its achievement, thy children will have little love for the things of my love." Yavanna of course loved trees and things that grow. So, my opinion is that because the dwarves had little love for things that grow and the elves had much love for them they had some strife between them. Plus, when elves and dwarves first met the elves thought they were kinda "uncouth." I think that has something to do with it. I don't know how complete of a job a did explaining that, but there ya go.
"And Maglor answered: 'If it be truly the Silmaril which we saw cast into the sea that rises again by the power of the Valar, then let us be glad; for its glory is seen now by many, and is yet secure from all evil.' Then the Elves looked up, and despaired no longer, but Morgoth was filled with doubt." -The Silmarillion.
Mithuial is offline   Reply With Quote