View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 04:04 AM   #373
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Oh what a mess! Our late Lommy was right - we are a silly bunch of lemmings!
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll gain many clues from yesterDay's Legate bandwagon per se, since most of the village (with a few honorable exceptions) was involved, as has been said. In the meantime, it would be worthwile to think about the wolves' motives for the kills of the last two Nights, so far as it hasn't been done yet.
I'll start with Mnemo. She was a very active villager on Day 1 and argued her points very well, which is a reason to take her out in itself, as she certainly would have gone on being helpful, if allowed to survive. Furthermore, she suggested The Plan, which, if put into action, would have saved our Seer and meant serious danger for the wolves. I'm quite certain this was the main motive for her killing.
Naturally, her death confirmed her and her motives in suggesting The Plan as innocent. What would that accomplish for the wolves? Obviously, it would throw an innocent light on those who had supported her (probably including some wolves), and a more dubious one on her opponents. (The Plan itself, of course, was void at the time, with the Seer dead.)
Those who cautioned against The Plan (at least initially) were Legate, Inzil, Sally, Greenie, Lommy, Nienna, Nerwen and Kit; among these, Legate was the most vocal and most elaborate in his criticism, which earned him some suspicion and was a main reason for him to end up Guarded. This leads me to assume that both forgoing one kill and the choice of the actual kill were part of the plan to frame Legate (and possibly others after him).
I'll continue with Lommy soon; for now, I only suspect the reasons may have been similar in both cases - which makes me somewhat cautious against concentrating too heavily on Inzil.

P.S. Nilp, I'm really impressed with your work both yesterDay and toDay; seems we have an idiot savant for our village fool!