View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #70
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Good afternoon everybody! Seems I haven't missed that much...
As for Mnemo's suggestion, it had to come up, and why not rather sooner than later? It makes as good a starting point as any. The idea must have occurred to anybody who has given the words of our Mayor some thought (it surely did to me this morning while I was alone, working on the decorated lintel Nogrod commissioned for his mansion). The wolves probably saw it coming as well, but I don't think they'd bring it up themselves; anyway, I find it hard to suspect, much less convict anybody on no more evidence than their position in this debate - there may well be one or more wolves arguing for either side, in order to confuse us.
The Seer, of course, will do as the Seer sees fit, but I think it would be wise for them to reveal if they are either
  • able to name a wolf (catching the first wolf early is crucial, as it will halve the Night-kills); or
  • in danger of being lynched by mischance. (A cousin of mine told me this happened in his village not so long ago, when their inexperienced visionary got himself lynched after only one dream; predictably, the wolves triumphed. We want to avoid that!)
Some more thoughts to follow soon, but I've got to wet my throat first. That Chetwood Stout of Inzil's sounds promising...