View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #199
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye catching up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I'll tell you what we told him: werebears are out for themselves and have no reason to help the village. If we find the werebear, he can't win. Village and werebear cannot win together.
Yes they can. They can at least band together against the common enemy. Not to mention that I'd rather the Bear win than the villains, for the Dark Monarch is supposed to be the big baddie here. Plus the Cobbler is on the villain's side too. They are the primary threat. If the Bear wins, I'll be somewhat happy because at least I managed to eliminate four baddies along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon
Since the bear will be dead either way we might as well try and ask the bear to kill someone for us. It is a long shot but I think it is worth a try and the key thing to remember here is that it only works if we figure who the bear is and since that is not a priority right now this plan will probably never happen.
I agree that we might as well try. Since the Bear is out for himself, if he sees his doom approaching, it is completely within his rights and power to help us out with his last kill. After all, Dark Monarch screwed him up with her attempted gift giving, so perhaps his grudge against her is greater than his dislike for us.

The odds of such a situation arising are very tiny, but just in case, why not reach out to him? It's not like it hurts anything.

As far as Hakon's talk about discussing our surveys, I don't see anything wrong with it. Frankly, I believe Boro intended us to discuss it, and possibly gain suspicions from it (and of course lie about our results). I agree that it would be in poor taste to actually quote any PM sent to or received from the Mods, but I see nothing wrong with stating "I said I couldn't read so-and-so", because really we have no idea how the information was used. If I recall, it seems to me that Boro almost dared us to guess how he was using the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
P.S. if I had a choice between licking a cactus or hugging the Dark Monarch, I would chose the cactus every time.
Not I. Evil doesn't equal ugly.