View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #144
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I'm worried about Formendacil's vote for Hakon, more so than Mac. It could be genuine confusion, caused by Form joining us late and trying to read through the day. But I don't know that rushing could also just be a wolf-Form joining in late, seeing sally in trouble and trying to figure out what to do to save her. I want to hear more from Form about his vote, he should now have plenty of time and not be rushed by the DL.
Well, I'll do my best--expecting, of course, that even if it satisfies you, Boro, it'll give someone else cause for complaint. Anyway, it is part confusion--but not because I came in late in the Day. I did, of course, but I had hours enough to catch myself up to the action--just. I could argue, all the same, that it was post-Long Weekend exhaustion, mixed with the brain-buzzing beginnings of a head cold, but while that undoubtedly didn't contribute anything useful, it'd be unsporting to give my physical state late in Day 1 much leverage.

(Although... I still have the cold today, and absolutely puttered my way through work in a sitting standstill, so if you want to feel sorry for me, now's the day to do it--the cold's worse--but fuzzy though the edges of my skull are, I still think I can reason and gut-instinct with my usual catastrophe.)

Anyway, what was basically going through my mind yesterDay was what I told Mac about his vote for Nienna: I really didn't like it, for the simple reason that it came, more or less to my eyes, out of nowhere, and--given the knowledge stowed away in some back compartment of my mind about Nienna being the new Saucepan Person for an abnormally high Day 1 deathrate, it seemed--if any vote on Day 1 can seem so--like a potentially malicious vote. More obviously so that than the whole morass of Nerwen and Sally

You also have to remember, Boro that yesterday was a Day 1. I may have decided that Mac's vote for Nienna was wrong, but that's hardly enough of a reason right there to jump on a Sally or Nerwen bandwaggon. Who to vote for then? Well, the usual Day 1 conditions held, and I went for someone who wasn't objectively all that suspicious, but had just touched my instincts the wrong way, so felt more appropriate than a jump-on bandwaggon vote. Call me timid, but I don't like casting potentially decisive votes on Day 1. Given that I don't feel there are generally any good reasons to think someone's guilty on Day 1, it simply puts way too much emphasis on a vote I'd rather not make. If we'd have gone by mere alarm-setting off, I'd have voted Mac, but I'm still good enough at second-guessing myself to say that that would have been the usual Day 1-jumping-at-shadows.