View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 04:56 AM   #592
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe

Yes, it happened pretty much as Skippy told it. I would've walked right past him at the railway station had he not come and greeted us with a wide smile on his face, for he looked much younger (and also thinner) than in the pictures.

We spent the first half of the day walking around (yes, we also managed to see some sights - the town was beautiful). Skippy took us to a nice botanical garden so we could learn plant names in Swedish (I learnt one but forgot it already), and after a little persuading ("Come on, that tree is just asking to be climbed! And if someone calls the police, you can at least speak the language!"), climbed a tree. Then we went to a playground and sat there discussing gay rights (okay we also talked about other things but I can't remember them). And we entertained Skippy by telling jokes about Swedes, and he entertained us by talking Swedish.

Grilling was lots of fun
(from left to right: Lommy - notice also her new, reddish hair colour, Ms Goldberry - who, despite being a non-Downer, has probably met more Downers in person than most Downers, & Skipper), especially as none of us had done it yet this summer, and the food was very delicious, especially the mushrooms. Skip brought us some magazines and books so we could improve our Swedish, and Lommy managed to read a whole article. It was funny when she walked around the place with a years-old National Geographic in her hand and asked Skippy about words she didn't understand.

In spite of the weather being against us, we had a very good time with Skip. He's a great guy with a wonderful sense of humour, plus he never once lost his patience because of our silly jokes (now Lommy will probably come and say, "You mean your silly jokes, Agan?"). I look forward to meeting him again (which happens, incidentally, in about a week).

Unfortunately most of the pictures taken that day (including all the good ones) were on Lommy's camera which mystically disappeared on the last day of our trip, which leaves me with the duty to post a group photo of us. Don't ask me what Lommy is doing. I don't know.