Thread: Archery
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 01:32 PM   #19
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Aerandir Carnesir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm an intermediate archer(got good by shooting fish out of the lake behind/near my house,[If you wanna know how to, PM me [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]]) I would reccomend if you are a real beginner, save up $40 and go to any Gart Sports, Galyans, etc.(Pretty much any store with a large/moderate hunting section) and buy a Lil Souix bow.(I know the name is gay as Libarachi, but it's a nice, cheap bow) It'll come with 2 arrows, a finger gaurd, the bow, and I think a small quiver. It's an excellent beginner bow and the draw weight is only about 10-25 or so lbs. It's the one I started out with, and it's also the one I'm using right now until I save up enough money to get the Elvish bow off of Ebay. Anywho, I'm wanting to get that bow of ebay(it's the elvish bow by bitter root bow co.) But I just have a few questions: Has anybody else bought that bow? It looks nice from the pictures. Does anybody know the draw weight of it? Or any other 72" longbow on that matter? Would it be worth my money? Anyway, look into that cheap bow. I've had it for like, 5 years, and it's only a little warped, but still shoots well. It's better to get that and see if you like it than spend 100+ dollars on a bow that'll end up unused in your closet. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] PM me if you want to know how to shoot fish with a bow or spear em, it doesn't really matter. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Ranger of the Dúnedain,

Aerandir Carnesir [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Aerandir Carnesir is offline   Reply With Quote