View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #552
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
And lo about a week later I am relating the story that is the meeting of Lari, Kath, and Mira.

It begins with the Downs not be as cooperative as one hopes and delaying the day from Thursday to Friday. Which was all right with all those involved, and that meant that Mira and I found the epic pancakes when we were looking for where we were actually going to go the next night.

Then there was the fun text/call/make sure everyone knows where to be game. I had bought a cheap(really cheap) cell phone in London because I learned that a) I actually had no money on my calling card, b) that London pay phones didn't like it when I tried to use it, and, c) that when planning to met up with people texting/calling is always the best thing to do/have.

Met up with Kath at the Baker Street station and waited for Mira to come. She was late from Waterloo station where she had been in line trying to get a seat to and from Wales, but really what's more important is that she came from visiting Hampton Court Palace which is awesome.

Anyway, Kath and I talked by the payphones about everything while waiting for Mira who then came up behind me like she likes to do. Off first to Regents where Mira was staying so I could deposit my stuff so I wouldn't have huge bag with me the whole time(changing where I was staying that night). Then we double checked where we were supposed to go for food(it promised waffles which I knew to be good from before).

Headed back to the tube to head over to where we needed to go. A change of lines later(and me learning that the tube map is laid out with the top being going north and such) we found where we had to be. And we were all hungry. We turned right out of the station...walked a ways and learned that really we should have turned left. Lesson learned: always turn left with Barrow Downers(unless its with Fea and a hill is involved).

Found the restaurant after passing a bunch that would have been acceptable if we couldn't find the intended one. We pressed on for the waffles. In the restaurant we moved from the bar area to where they actually served food and then ordered.

Food came and there was much wonderful conversation. Then came the waffles which were also amazing. Sadly I don't think we have any pictures of the food.

And then we had fun with the coasters. We also played the game where you have to flip the coaster off the side of the table and catch it in your hand. I epic fail at it where as Kath and Mira are amazing and can get all of the coasters on the table and flip them and catch them.

We then made our way back to the tube, where we had to weave through people on the street and it was fun. Then, upon Fea's request I'm pretty sure I said "PICTURES!" So I took a nice picture of Kath and Mira(so yeah, the restaurant is by the Holborn station). And then I tried to take a picture of the three of us and this was the best of the three.

Then we headed back to Regents where we played on the free internet there. I was also trying to get in contact with my cousin so I can sleep on her floor. When I got in contact with her and Kath also realized that she needed to catch her train we headed out. And on the way out Mira also stopped for a picture with the kitty.

Kath and I headed back to the tube and said by when I had to change trains. It was really fun and she is an awesome person!