View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #695
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrcWithNoName View Post
I sometimes wish Pete Jackson would bring some of the more accessible of these books to film.
Sorry, but trying to imagine what PJ would make of Covenant gives me the nosebleeds...

I've recently discovered Lukianenko's (I always forget his Christian name) Night Watch series and found it rather addictive - kind of an adult version of Harry Potter, complete with a secret community of wizards, vampires, werewolves etc., but very scary, very grey-in-grey and with a great setting (present-day Moscow).
Otherwise, my favourites are Ursula K. LeGuin, Tad Williams, Orson Scott Card (Alvin Maker series)... and Donaldson, of course. I've also read all of Jordan's The Wheel of Time and intend to find out how it ends, but I'm not particularly proud of the fact.