View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:19 AM   #275
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Now the interesting part is why didn't they kill you Lhuna? Either they didn't believe you to be the seer strongly enough. Or then you are one of the baddies and that was a preplanned thing you did on Day1.
This is Legate yesterDay (#148), replying to my post on possible reasons why Kath had been killed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
The Hunter idea is interesting - however, would the Wraiths really be so much afraid of that? (In that case, they shouldn't dare to kill anybody at all! - Well, not that there would be anything wrong about that ) I mean, there is still the full number of us (okay, now minus two; it was minus one at Night) - so I think mathematically it's not that big chance. The less if the Hunter would manage to pick a Wraith as his target. Okay, another thing to consider might be, let's say, avoiding people who might be likely to be protected by the Ranger - but again, not quite sure who would that be after yesterDay, and also, the same problem as with the Hunter - there's still quite many of us, so the chance is quite small. So I really cannot think of such a reason being this. It really might be just some Wraiths playing it safe from the very beginning, or something else, like there being no better pick as everybody else would suspect some Wraith etc... but that seems a bit farfetched to me too. Hmm... maybe the opportunities to frame somebody else were just too small, so the Wraiths simply would not use the chance? Can't say.
This looks rather as if it might be something let slip from the Nightly discussion... so maybe the reason's in there somewhere?

Note, though, that he seems awfully obtuse about my theory (that the wraiths were afraid that a Seer-like person might really be the Hunter), apparently not realising that it would make him the main suspect. I thought at the time, "Well, he's probably not a wraith then, or he'd be jumpier". But this is Legate we're talking about; I should have known how cool he can play it. The rest may be just him babbling to distract me.

EDIT: X'd with Nilp