View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #248
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, Kent actually posted just a little, so it was possible to go through all of his posts relatively fast...

Day 1
#12 - In-character.
#16 - In-character. That deal offering that's been discussed a bit here.
#63 - reply to Eomer, and to Nogrod: "so that you are the only one allowed to be hasty?" and explaining to him his deal as merely in-character. Suspects Rune a bit, but does not suspect Nog, thinks he is his style.
#65 - reply to [B]wilwa[/B: hypocrits does not = wraiths, also once again says he's ok with Nog
#66 - feeling good about Legate and Eomer, otherwise "a bit blur"
#78 - voted Rune, wonders how 98% random vote can be "sensible"

Overall reserved, the only person he actually raised suspicion about being Rune. But that was promptly negated...

Day 2
#124 - He no longer suspects Rune, because of going again through his posts and finding the way he went after Nogrod innocent. He asks Rune why he voted Izzy and not wilwa, and then wonders about whether people always say "if I am alive..." etc. And he says he has completely flipped about Nogrod.
#138 - disappointed with Nogrod because he voted past DL and seemed not to care of Izzy or sally, whoever gets lynched. Asks why he didn't vote for the silent ones.
#168 - reply to Nerwen on thinking how Eomer set a trap, mentioning that not only wraiths but also innocents might fall into it, thinking also about why they killed Kath, that they'd first go for Seer in his opinion, but asking if going for a no-trail kill is also an usual thing...
#176 - more reply to Nerwen about Eomer's trap
#178 - reply to Eomer on the trap, apologies to Nogrod for using the term "aggressive"
#183 - reply to Eomer, says he did not spot a baddie yet, talk to Rune, clarifying, about wilwa - was confused by her before but now thinks her rather innocent, just like he did Rune before
#229 - should vote
#233 - asks where is Shasta, remembers that he got away with being quiet as a baddie before
#236 - votes Eönwë

Basically: the sudden flip-flop at the start of the Day could raise the alarms and make somebody think about his Seerishness, okay, if that was so, perhaps the Wraiths might have picked him based on that. Though, there was Nogrod who claimed to be a Seer: so this would not make sense. The one option would be, of course, if Nogrod was not a Seer and the Wraiths knew it. But in the case that Nogrod was a Wraith (and so his packmates would know that his claim is not real), if Kent was killed and been found a Seer, Nogrod would be immediately revealed as a false Seer. Okay, still, it would be a quite fair trade of one Wraith for a Seer, which would not necessarily be as bad for the Wraiths, as they would get rid of probably the most dangerous enemy. However, then it made no sense for Nogrod to reveal by the end of the Day - unless f.ex. others thought Kent a Seer and Nogrod didn't, and only after the Day ended, they told each other, and decided to go after Kent after all. Well, possible, though it seems weird to me.

Another possibility would be, of course, the typical "no trace", as Kent said just very little about people at large, or nothing at all about many. There were also people being suspected by him, so that's another possibility - they might fear him. But why him of all people... I mean, Kent looked quite sensible to me, but not particularly "dangerous" in the sense of being a strong public figure like Nogrod f.ex., who would be capable to "lead" the village according to his opinions...

As for his votes: he changed his mind on Rune at first, and voted for Eönwë the day after that, though he did not voice any particular opinion about him before... may be so that he voted him only after Nogrod's claim - that would make sense, although he posted only very shortly after him and it was in this last-minute confusion. He did not mark any cross-posting on his post, but that is not a proof that he didn't: people don't do that always.

All in all... okay, these are basic thoughts and I will still think about this. Particularly in relation to Nogrod, of course. But I should also go to sleep... will be around for a bit yet, and see. Maybe some more people posted meanwhile (well I guess they did... I got once again a bit distracted and took far longer than I expected... eek).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote