View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #129
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I have an early morning call tomorrow so I will just make a few points now. I'll be back later on toDay.

About Kath.

She really was more active on Day1 like in ages (she normally posts once or not at all on Day1 and then explains on Day2 she had forgotten / had other stuff / was late etc. - I mean that for real: she has done that like twenty times, it's her tactics of getting through Day1's). So that sudden activity yesterDay made me think she could be a ringwraith... which she most clearly wasn't. But if the baddies thought along the same lines then this is the result; as she was no baddie then they thought she was a gifted of some sort willing to play more actively for that (not to be lynched fex.).

Her posts don't look too seerish to me unless Eomer is one of the culprits - which he of course has neatly tried to counter already toDay. But they might have thought her any gifted - and as people have said, there's not too much a track her death will leave. So a reasonable kill from the baddie's point of view.

About Sally.

I still have a bad feeling about her due to her actions yesterDay and her first post toDay doesn't make her look any less suspicious. On the contrary. The half playful tone of the lament feels false and looks foul.

About Rune.

Anyway Rune manages to be my top suspect right now with a slight margin over Sally.

Now there's nothing bad in one getting back to posting before the DL after one has said he has no possibility for that and has therefore voted early. No problem with that. No problem whatsoever (eg. this is no sarcasm but a plain fact). It's good people can get back and try to help in the voting-process even if they have themselves voted already in a game of no retractions.

But what did Rune actually do there in the end of the Day? Well he defended himself - even if no one had made any strong suspicions on him or none was actually entertaining the idea of lynching him (except for Kent that is).

And then like twenty minutes before the deadline, with all the hair-raising last minute hassle to come, he just backs away never to show his face anymore on that Day.

That is the blunder the wolves (and cobblers) do time and time again: when the lynch is going nicely from their POV they just lean back and relax - and try to be careful not to mess with anything controversial in the end of the Day. But that non-involvement is exactly the thing that betrays them. It has not been just once or twice this has happened. And this looks like a case straight out from the "Werewolf-handbook of catching the villains".
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote