View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #436
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine

Eodwine couldn't help laughing. She had actually been very clever in describing what she was seeing, and he told her so - at which she beamed, which brought to mind what he had been thinking before and she had asked him - twice now - to say.

"It is like this. Here I am, in this place called Scarburg, which is, hard to believe, mine, a gift of Eomer the king, and he has named me eorl of a whole region of his kingdom. Not only that. I am walking with a young woman on my arm who brings me joy and delight just to be near, and who is my match in every way I can think of, and she is half my age.

"In recent years I had thought I would die a widower, and had been content, or so I told myself. But you here, with me -" He stopped, causing her also to stop, and looked into her eyes. She returned his look, still beaming. "I-" he said, kissing her, "am-" a second time, "amazed-" one last kiss, "-at my good fortune."

He gathered her in his arms and swung her around once, placing her back on her feet.

Applause and laughter met them; Eodwine looked and saw much to his chagrin that they were just outside the baker and what he had just done had been witnessed by many.

"Let's bow," he said to her out of the corner of his mouth, and he led her in doing so, which was met with laughter.

"Frodides!" Eodwine called. "We must speak with Frodides! Where is she!"