View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #27
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
No. Nobody is. How disgraceful!
Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry
Sounds like this would be an infinitely more challenging, intriguing, imaginative, and entertaining endeavour, as here on the Downs you can't ply other "members of the conversation" with martinis and cocktails and spritzers--to say nothing of tantalizing appetizers--as you could in a RL conversation.
Exactly. Now I could PM you and ask, "Dearest Bb, wouldst you post on the ____ thread and bring up the following point?" But where's the fun in that? More fun would be trying to steer the conversation into where you need it to go, especially when you're dealing with members like Bb, who lives only to confound.

And just how long does one need to wait before double-posting? There are a few threads hanging now to which I am the last poster. I'm sure that I could find more to say on each, but as no one else seems to care, I have to wait.

Or do I? Is there a way (besides what I'm blatantly doing right now) that I could get those threads restarted yet not double post?

Quote:
But it certainly would explain having two (just two?) nicks, as you mention in your first post. And oh the problem with plying the other nick with cocktails.
Okay, not to say too much, but we're here on a site in which people discuss a fantasy book, and at times get *way* too worked up over major things like Balrog wings...so what I'm saying is that, possibly for some, courting oneself (or more) seems like a possibility...

Quote:
And just how much work do you get done in your RL work?
Some of us can multitask, and as alatar posts here while the RL me works in RL, there's more than one person on the job.