View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #119
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Yes, but there's this thing that this way Frodo nobly sacrifices himself (by revealing). And, takes one chance from us lynching a Wraith, okay, he could become one himself, but then, if he is not under direct threat, we may get one Wraith AND have still innocent Frodo among us (you see what I mean?). Unless he is under direct threat, I don't think it's good for him to reveal - also simply playwise (that's what I think Kitanna had in mind when making this role). Otherwise he could reveal on Day 1 in his first post, which I find a bit silly.
True, he might be passed over by the wraiths by night while we lynch them during the day - but, call me pessimistic, I don't think it's very likely he won't be changed. The innocent Frodo, unknown, is a threat, and otherwise no more use than any other ordo. Revealed, he no longer offers much advantage to the baddies.

I haven't played with a cursed villager before, but don't they usually not even know their own roles? A cursed who knows his role is another story altogether. We're not forced to lynch a known, wraith-ified Frodo right away, either, if we have other good prospects, so I don't know how we're forced to miss a chance.

Still, it also occurs to me that a known, but not publicly broadcast, converted Frodo could be even more help to the village in some circumstances. Well, we shall see.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote