View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 02:34 AM   #859
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abercrombie
Haha, yes, I started out studying abroad here and then I liked it so much that I never left!
Lucky you, I really wish I could've stayed behind forever after my semester abroad, but unfortunately that was just not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
I have been thinking a bit about this thread. . . Technicaly Abers is from the USA and Mac from Germany, they just live abroad.
Well yeah, I agree the phrase "where are you from" tends to indicate towards the idea of where you were born or raised. After all, while I go to school in Boston, I'm certainly not a Masshole. Yet I think it's the title of this thread that can be misleading...it should probably be called "Where is everyone located?" Because while it's interesting and all to learn BDers' origins, I think it's just as nice to know where everyone currently lives, especially in case of any future BD gatherings. And as far as I know, most BDers have been listing their current locations anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë
By the way Brinniel, not to be bothersome but Laurinquë has a diaeresis above the 'e'. Very important.
Heh, well you see I do not have that character on my keyboard and I'm too lazy to copy and paste. But I will go fix it just for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGreg
Hey I'm from Croatia. You had a discussion about it some three years ago, right? Is Amrod the Hunter still the only Croat here?
It seems so. Though unfortunately, he is no longer an active member here. But I'll add you to the list.