View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #8
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
This is intriguing news indeed. I saw the item late last night and have been waiting for it to break in the trades all day. So far it hasn't, which makes me wonder how accurate it is. Then again, we're on the cusp of the holidays, so it could be they're just running with skeleton crews at the trades at this point.

I would be surprised if the delay were the result of "creative differences". Once a movie starts rolling down the tracks, there aren't many people involved with it who are not expendable and can't be replaced within a few days. Still, I do note with interest that I keep seeing GDT's name pop up in association with new projects. One is even mentioned in today's trades, a project that he will script with Chris McQuarrie for Tom Cruise to star in. If memory serves, another one that's he supposed to be involved with is a trilogy of vampire novels. The guy must be booked solid through about 2020.

I hadn't heard anything about 3D technology, but that story might have some merit. James Cameron is, I think, very close to starting on a new big-budget sci-fi film that is supposed to use cutting edge 3D tech that he's no doubt developing in-house. I guess it's possible that they'd wait for it, but if so it's probably only one factor. I'd speculate that the other would be a feeling that the script isn't ready to get into production and hit the release window they're looking at, so better to push it and make sure that everyone's happy with it.

It'll be interesting to watch this story develop.
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote