View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #27
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Leaf

Back in 1976, I wore a hooded green cotton cloak (calf-length) to school every day for several days, and wore it to all my classes. Just because I felt like it. I was the laugh of the school. The best support I got was "Well, it would be different if it matched your outfit, but it doesn't." (Feh, says I, my fellowship wears sneakers. And jeans.)

My freshman english teacher (gently) stuck up for me, and said "I don't see why you shouldn't be able to wear a mantle, if you want to."

A while later, another girl showed up lurking for a day, in a straight woolen lined cloak. I told her I liked it, trying to provide moral support, but she snubbed me. I think she lost a bet, or did it on a dare.

A while later, my (only?) friend made a cloak, and wore it to school, leaving it in her locker during the day. She was also very careful to wear nice boots.

Anyway back to the role: Singing. The role must contain singing. Galadriel would have been good, if she'd been allowed to sing; I'd have gone for that role.

If we can play anyone at all, regardless of gender (following Lalwende's lead) then if I succeeded in talking myself out of the songless Legolas (in the book he sang plenty. Can I play BOOK Legolas???) then I would choose Strider. He gets to do everything and go everywhere.

THen again, so does Legolas. What am I fussing about?