View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #38
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Legate is being quite helpful in helping us decipher this riddle left, but we can ponder all day about the pairs Eomer is talking about and not really accomplish anything.
Well, I was not actually trying to be helpful at all - like I said, I was doing that for myself, and also, to do something while waiting for everybody to show up. (By the way, do we have everyone here? What about Groin?)

Quote:
Lommy: Sort of innocent, stirred away from the prophecy ideas and contributed something that could provide decent fodder for later.
When I saw this, I wanted to ask you about it, and even though Nogrod did too and you answered me, it still does not quite provide the answer for me. Just what did you mean? "Stirred away... and contributed something that could provide decent fodder for later." I.e., she contributed something else besides the prophecy-talk - here you must mean her accusations. I am not sure, but did you notice that she accused practically everyone? (Well, you did.) And I don't think it was serious at all. Quite obviously. Or was it? But in the case it wasn't, what "decent fodder for later" it may be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So I'm afraid we can't read too much from those interpretations of the rules / setting of the game which kind of makes all the "rules-talk" a little less productive one might hope for.

But happily there are other things to read - and there might be things in between the lines of some of the "rule-talk" as well.
Indeed, and I don't want to say these words aloud, but I am quite happy that there was such a topic to discuss on the first Day, rather then the usual You-Know-What, which we discuss all the time on Day 1s otherwise. (And please, let's forget this immediately. At least one game without that! Make it a holiday!) It may not be productive per se, but then, what on Day 1 is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Basicly I thought Nogrod's question to Lommy was a bit unnecisary, as seemed clear to me that Lommy had remembered the part where Eomer said it would be an ordinary game and forgotten that he retracted that later on.

I then state that the only other possible explenation is in my view that Lommy was trying to misguide us. . . but I do not belive that is the case! (She would gain so little for that)
That's right, and eventually, the truth will come out by itself: sure she, even if she wanted, couldn't hope that none of the 15 of us would remember what Eomer said later. Speaking of this, now Rune seems quite nice here bringing this up - reasonable, only hopefully not bringing attention to Nogrod. Which I, however, dismiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
If this is correct I suspect that the second pair are aware of their destiny and are cobbling. Lommie seems so cobblerish there has to be an explanation.
This is actually most interesting idea which I wouldn't have really thought of myself. Just how comes? It seems weird to me - for some reason, although logically it could make sense. As for cobblerish Lommy, well, at once I had similar feeling, however I would take it with great reservations - at least not until later on. Cobblerish feeling from Lommy does not seem to me now a good enough reason for suspecting her. Not yet.

Anyway... I am going to post my thoughts on everyone this far in the next post (summarised), though don't expect me to say much except for a few people (resp., don't expect me to say much about even those few people. But I have some general ideas, some outlined already in the text above).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote