View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 01:55 AM   #20
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I wonder how possible it is that there are three pairs of two traitor-Wargs each, that kill rotationally?
Like, that they take turns whose turn it's to pick a kill? And they would only win as separate teams? Hmm... Could be, but honestly, I can't see anything pointing at that especially... But Samwise and Gwath do make me wonder... this seems a little confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer, boldings&numbers mine
In pairs they come! he would repeat. Two to spill blood on the sacred ground! They bring terror and death. 1) One night, a second and yea! a third, of this I know. But what follows! Two will follow, after the third night, great enemies! 2) Their war beats and tramples us, and brings about that dread circumstance: the pain of Wargs is here.3) Two amoral forces, to subvert all others. The twain will come, at the behest of their following master, and his foe is at their heels. The pain of Wargs is the only certainty.
1) Doesn't make sense. Three traitors? But didn't he just write that there are two of them? ("The two enemies of Wargs may talk and scheme...") Weird.
2) "Their war"? Do we have fighting wolf teams, after all?
3) Two forces? Two traitors or two traitor teams? Or something else?

I'm starting to be inclined to think like Brinn. Maybe we should just get rid of the two traitors that exist now and see what happens later. All this interpretation chaos causes mess and makes my brain hurt and it won't probably lead anywhere. (Granted, it's a good topic to discuss while there's nothing else.) I think it's clear enough that Eomer will add two more wolves after Night3, whether to the same team or establish a new team, I don't know. But I trust him to clarify what exactly he's doing when he does that...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote