View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #1244
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR

To whom it may concern:

I must voice my contempt of your hiring of Morthoron in an editorial capacity for your paper. It smacks of insincerity and crass publicity hiring some dubious internet pseudo-celebrity such as the so-called 'Dark Elf'. Having read a few of Morthoron's 'pieces', I must say he is contemptible and pompous, the arrogant sort of American we can certainly do without, particularly since there are plenty of arrogant English internet pseudo-celebrities to choose from. After all, English pomposity is based on gentrification and gentility -- centuries of Empire-building and class consciousness, not this noveau bumptiousness of the overproud colonials.

Morthoron uses words like he's building the Taj Mahal, which is all well and good if one doesn't mind such overly-ornate foreign structures cluttering up a perfectly decent neighborhood; personally, I do mind. We need good, sturdy English sentences -- earthy and without too many syllables -- the way God intended sentences to be constructed! I do not care a whit for Morthoron's alliteration, his callous contempt cavalierly couched in clever conceits. His condescension is clearly cause for concern and careful contemplation, a calculated and considered cogitation which can be communicated to all concerned in candid conversation.

Out of common decency, I demand you fire this Morthoron at once! Think of our children!

Sincerely,
Dyspepsia Umbrage
Choleric Cross, Grummberly Grange