View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 07:19 AM   #22
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Another song you might consider for Dain's last stand Groin (why do you call yourself that btw?).

Tom Petty's "I won't back down" (The cover by Johnny Cash might be even better for the occasion)
I'm amazed that someone would even remember that song, I love it! Thanks for brining that up skip, Johnny Cash does an awesome job with the song, but it doesn't seem to fit for the tragic ending that Dain succumbed to. But it would really fit Dain's slaying of the great goblin Azog! Dain he was a very young Dwarf at the time (only 32, while Dwarves reach maturity, or "battle-readiness" at the age of 30), and it was heralded as a magnificent feat.

I call myself Groin because I typed it wrong on the keyboard. It was suppose to be Gróin Redbeard, but I messed up and I don't know how to change it. Incidentally, Gróin was Gimli's grandfather.