View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #800
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Groin, would you add Aethelstan and Osmund to wrestling, dueling, quarterstaff-fight and javelin throwing?

Anyone writing them in can check what they have been told of before from my posts #171 & #172 - I think they are the only explicit writings of their characters this far. Basically they are two about twenty-something young soldiers who wish to excell in fights and show their qualities. They were even wrestling together for fun when they had a pause together (the elder men were doing work farther away).

Then there would be Wilcred, this a bit older and quieter soldier. He would probably like to pass the games (he would probably be pretty good in duelling and that stuff but he wouldn't feel the need to make a showcase of it, I think). But he could be persuaded to take part in some of the "less serious" games I guess, at least if we need someone to even the numbers or so... like in dagger or stone throwing, three-legged race or anything like that. And if Eodwine insists he might take part in the fighting games as well. But that I think is up to you lmp - I mean how Eodwine acts when he sees his veteran soldier is not intending to participate.

All this counting on that what I wrote about him on those posts #171-2 is what we have of him. If someone has other ideas do come forwards.

Also we could put Wilcred in the riddle-game and I could write his parts when needed (as I think it will be at least partially a "scene-writing" thing) for Stigend surely is no riddle-master... (I was kind of hoping Lommy would put Modtryth into it...) I'm no riddle-master myself but that could fit well... you need one participant who's not that bright but still partakes.

Then Groin, how about these guys you had in the hunting party; Lithor (who seems to be a character already but I don't find him from the list of participants), Balvir, Matrim?