View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #203
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
In which case we really do disagree. I've thought about killing people. That does not make me a murderer. No court on earth has a leg to stand on if they wanted to try to nail me on guilt of being a murderous criminal. Until there is a crime, there is not a criminal. Until there is an ACTION, not a thought, to hide or defend, there is absolutely nothing to prosecute. You can't hold trial for somebody who's 'just thinking about it.'

In that line, somebody who hasn't done anything, having nothing to hide, has no guilt to keep people from noticing. Day One is a day in which nobody is guilty of anything. Nothing has been done. Since there was no crime, nothing to hide: nothing!, there is no evidence to search through.
No, no, no. That's a bad comparison. Werewolves don't just think about or plan killing somebody. They know they are going to do it. They have to do it in order to win. There's a big difference. So, naturally, they are feeling guilty already on Day1 because they know they're going to kill sombody and thus, their guilt can show, and analysing people's Day1 behaviour is not nonsense.

I think I'll reread yesterDay when I have the time and energy to do that. meanwhile, I could provide you with a nice little list about my thoughts on everybody...

Feel innocentish

Eönwë - shines with the light of ordoness, if one may say so. If he's a baddie, he's really sneaky.

Greenie - overall, her tone seems sincere and she has done nothing to make me suspicious of her. My picture of her is rather vague though, I hope she posts a little more in the future. (But I guess she's going to be rather busy today... too bad.)

Mith - her tone is sincere as well and she seems quite relaxed. She doesn't seem unhappy or stressed like many evil Miths do. I think suggesting lynching Kitanna would have been quite bold of a wolf. (Not of a cobbler though. But she doesn't feel cobblerish at all to me. She's not particularily silly nor does she look like she's scheming something dangerous. And she doesn't look like she's trying to get lynched.)

Nilp - nothing in his manner seems too suspicious, he seems rather okay. He is reasonable and doesn't make sense (yes, you probably read it correctly) the way innocents do. I know he has fooled me before, though. I think he might be one of those people who just don't give wolvish vibes even if they are furry. I might need to keep an eye on him but I don't feel like I had a reason to be extra watchful... (Yeah, I know I'm flip-flopping, but I cannot express myself any more clearly...)

Could be either

Brinn - yesterDay, she seemed really innocent to me. Today, not so much. Somehow I have the feeling she's on the wrong track in her general ideas, maybe because I disagree with her about the Kitanna lynch, for example. I wonder if she's "wrong" intentionally... () I hoped I had grown out of suspecting people who disagree with me, but evidently I haven't. There's nothing particularly suspicious in her manner though, so it's pretty difficult to reach a conclusion.

Fea - I always have hard time reading her. I think her phantom-centeredness might point at her being either an ordo or a cobbler. Furthermore, she hasn't done anything suspicious, but if I had to guess who's a wolf, I would possibly name her. I know, it's silly, I'm not really suspicious of her, but I have a kind of intuition she might be a wolf. She's someone I'm definitely going to watch.

Groin - there's really too little data. Come on guy, come here and post! It's not that difficult or scary!

Gwath - I have really mixed feelings about him. In general, he feels quite innocent, but there's something all too sneaky in his manner. I think he could be a wolf who's tiptoeing around. But it's very difficult to say.

Kath - well what can I possibly say? I'm glad she's finally here, though.

Nerwen - as always, she is difficult to read - the same Nerwen as ever. I have the uncomfortable feeling that she's a wolf slipping under my radar, but that is probably because I've got slightly paranoid about her after one certain game... I mean, there is nothing particularly suspicious in her and she makes sense. Maybe I should just watch her more closely.

phantom - he's all over the place, bossing people around and being rather self-centered. It's all normal for him and doesn't have anything to do with his role. He does throw cobblerish comments around, but on the other hand, he could be just trying to avoid getting killed by the wolves or having fun or whatever. He doesn't give me any wolvish vibes, but I don't get it when people keep saying that he's too bold to be a wolf. I don't think he has done anything particularily bold.

Slightly suspicious

Durelin - I agree with her on many points and she does make sense. However, she's having too much fun not to look like a cobbler.

Form - he doesn't even try to look like he's contributing. He also all too happily votes tp right after Shasta. So need I even say aloud that he looks rather cobbleristic? The only thing I really like in him is the way he criticises yesterday's lynch. *smug smile*

Nogrod - like I've said, his early posting yesterDay looked pretty cobbleristic. When people complained about it, he cooled down. A clever cobbler who does not want to lose the game too early? He could be that. Also, some of his arguments seem evilly irrational to me. I don't think he's a wolf though, but I would be less than surprised to find out that he's a cobbler.

Shasta - that guy has been slipping under the radar, and then he goes and makes this rather irrational early vote while he's still able to hang around. He is either a very annoyed innocent, a wolf looking for an excuse to make a safe vote or even a cobbler wishing to add a little to the confusion. I think the two first mentioned options are more probable, though.

Guys, I have a suggestion. Let's stop looking for wolves and start looking for cobblers. I would be far less confused. Seriously, all my even a little serious suspects are suspects of cobblery, and we should preferably lynch wolves. The only ones I even slightly suspect of wolfisness are Shasta, Fea, Nerwen and Gwath, but I don't really suspect any of them enough to be happy with voting them. Maybe I could vote Shasta, but that's it, of them. I'd be tempted to vote one of those I think are cobblers but that would be kind of stupid... argh. I'm glad I still have a lot of time to think about these things and (hopefully) read new posts by everybody.

edit: xed with Gwath, Fea, Dury and Nerwie - yay, action!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote