View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 03:15 AM   #1
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sting The Rules of War

This idea came to me in a dream.

The phrase 'rules of war' always struck me as odd. All the same, I felt it was well worth making fun of. Considering all the obscure rules and regulations that are put onto battles and so on. In ancient times, these rules were very much unwritten. That's what I think was going on in Middle Earth times, as well. These unwritten laws make the battles some what more fair... Sometimes.

So, lets say Aragorn and Sauron sit down, have some tea, and write down some basic rules to govern their battles. It will be called; The Big Battle Rule Book. Also known as The BBRB Agreement. It was a long document! Full of articles, subsections, footnotes and words.

The task of this thread is for us to write down what sort of odd and obscure rules may have appeared in such a contract. Here is my first example;

According to Article 7, subsection 4, paragraph 9 of The BBRB Agreement;

No orc may wear striped trousers during any battle that takes place on Gondorian soil. If any orc is found wearing such a garment, the battle must stop immediately and said orc will be taken out in front of both armies and forced to burn his trousers. He must be wearing them at time of ignition.

So... What other silly laws could there be for Middle Earthian warfare?