View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #71
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, so far our intrepid band of questers in search of ultimate insipidity consists of Nerwen, Mithalwen, Kitanna, Lalaith and Morthoron.

I feel it necessary at this juncture to perhaps discuss the overall project a bit. Perhaps a title? I know most writers actually start the story before coming up with an apt title, but maybe a bassackwards approach would be more appropriate given the specious material in which we shall delve.

With a title we can at least post a discussion thread in the Mirth section (I guess that's where we'll end up), and start outlining the story a bit. Here's some ideas to start:

The Melancholy Mists of Mirkwood (A tragic love story)

With Fronds Like This, Who Needs Anemones? (A tale of the Corsairs of Umbar)

Desire in the Shire (A hobbit romance)

Riverdale High School (No, not with Archie and Jughead, merely a tale of teenage elven angst with Rivendell misspelled)

The Slimarillion (A Middle-earth short story)

To Kill a Crebain?

Drogo Copperfield?

The Brothers Khazâd ai-mênu!?

Aragorn and Old Lace?

Fingolfin's Wake?

The Charge of the Wight Brigade?

Bag-end Revisited?

Okay, cut me off...too much coffee today.

Last edited by Morthoron; 08-05-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Morthoron is offline   Reply With Quote