View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #543
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Regarding Javan and others, Eodwine will take a strong interest the moment he learns that the boy has been in a fight. He'll want to know the facts of the matter. And then he will tell Javan in the hearing of all those who have a piece in the matter, "Never start a fight; but if someone else starts to fight you, make sure you finish it. This is what you did, Javan, and you never held back from the truth. I commend you. If you wish to teach these boys bowcraft, you have me permission."
So much is bubbling under... Great!

I wouldn't like to go back there and add any posts for late night before the turn even if it looks like there would be a lot to tell, but I will accept it if it's the majority / lmp ruling.

But I'd suggest we'd finish a deal here about what happened and what followed - and all of us involved would refer to that story in our own posts like adding a point someone who has posted earlier hasn't mentioned / add a new angle to one. So the first to refer to these things shouldn't empty the field with one post but the details would come forwards piecemeal. What do you think?

We (meaning Lommy & myself) can handle Garstan and Garmund as we've used to using them while Celuien has been away.

It would be nice to try this kind of thing where a host of people share something like a story about what has happened and then they all give it their own voice and view afterwards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I agree with Foley about the general way things should evolve - from hardships to something like "brotherhood". Slowly and not too smoothly but towards the good solution.
So, that being said, how far along are they on this August 9th?
It's a month later, right? Then they should not be fighting any more. It's hard to see that a month's being together wouldn't help but it somehow magically would then change after a month and two days... (or whatever). So I'd say it's already now going pretty nicely - but the boys could all recall the first days / weeks and come up with nasty & funny stories about what had happened back then in our posts. We could then toy around with different stories we could bring forwards concerning that time and how those hurdles were overcome?

A general suggestion (so this is where we are now?): The parents & Thornden came up with the idea about the archery-training in that late evening discussion (after being ashamed of their own and apologizing a lot etc...) and then Thornden mentioned it to lord Eodwine the next morning / day just to get his approval for the scheme - and finding out about Javan had been fighting Eodwine would have taken the lead in there with his authority (in a way lmp said he would in his post here).

What do you think?