View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #398
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shastanalysis:

Day 1:

Post #27:
IC. “Nerwen is mostly harmless.... some of us aren't harmless at all.”

Now, it's a minor thing, but somehow the latter addition, knowing Nerwen was a wolf, seems just slightly more likely to come from someone who knew this.

Day 2:

Post #142
IC, expresses confusion about ranger preventing kill and McCaber being modfired.

Now, again, maybe I'm just looking through wolf-colored glasses here, but what better way to distance himself from the night's events?

Post #144
“Things that caught my eye”. Doesn't see a wolf in the “Agan/Form/Nilp brawl”. Nilp is the “odd one out”, something “off” in THE Ka's attitude. Seems to be expressing mild suspicion towards a lot of people: Formendacil, Nilp, THE Ka, Sally, Boromir, Kath, Eonwe, Elf-Warrior, Eomer... the questioning of Eomer's suspicion of Mith looks fairly reasonable. Insinuates Eonwe lied about his vote (with little justification I can see, as I pointed out later). Finds Eomer and Eonwe most suspicious, Mith and Nerwen not suspicious, Nogrod “not so suspicious”.

As a wolf would he actually list Nerwen as “not suspicious”? I'm not sure...

Post #193
Translates chatspeak. Discusses possibility of wolf-on-wolf voting with Nilp and Kitanna. Says he will look to see who was conspicuous enough to attract the attention of the wolves and the ranger.

Feels helpful and rather innocent here.

Vote count. Points out it's the second day in a row EW voted without explanation.

“I decided to do something different, and leave the wolves and Ranger”

Wouldn't mind seeing Eonwe gone, he and Eomer are most suspicious, EW “isn't being actively unhelpful” and might just be having issues.

Two posts ago he was pointing out EW's suspicious behavior... hmm.

Kath won't be modfired if she doesn't want to vote toDay.

Translates Nerwen.

Votes for Eonwe

Day 3

“Why Kath? She hasn't even gotten to play yet!”
Sounds innocent enough, actually. I've noticed Shasta is one of the first to post most days – maybe because of his time zone...? And it might make him seem unduly prominent or focused on the nightly events. *takes off wolf-colored glasses*

Was just thinking he'd like to hear more from Durelin (after she posts) will go make himself useful.

To Eomer: “Well aren't we perceptive, considering that EW made exactly 5 posts in this topic; two of them banter, two of them votes, and the last making a note of his gender. Clearly, pure evil right there.”

Interesting, considering his original responses to EW (“oh dear” and pointing out the two unexplained votes).

Argues with Eomer over the “asking the village to lynch him” thing re: EW.

Not sure what to make of this. It seems he's deliberately misinterpreting, sort of.

More argument with Eomer. Annoyed at kill and lynch because both were people who couldn't play because of RL issues.

This sounds like the Shasta I know from other games, and I can understand where he's coming from on this, I suppose. He could say the same thing as a wolf, though, too. Especially if – were he the new wolf, might he not have had a say in the nightly kill? Nah, probably unlikely.

More arguing with Eomer. I would say that a wolf wouldn't be this passionate and attention-grabbing, if I hadn't done exactly that as a wolf myself. In fact, the lynching of innocents tends to look even more offensively stupid to wolves, so it's easy to take the “moral high ground” like this.

To Eomer: “isn't it a common wolf tactic to redirect suspicion onto the person suspecting you? :P”

Would suspect Eomer even more if Eomer were quiet. EW seemed to be having RL issues..,, etc, etc,'

Rereading this argument is giving me a headache. No comment.

Another episode of the Shasta/Eomer show. *yawn* Wouldn't say “loads” of people suspected EW. What Eomer says he would do as a wolf doesn't matter, because there isn't proof.

Why he's suspicious of Eomer and not me. Sold his car during night 3, so might as well stay home and post. Likes Mith's point on Nogrod. Banter.

The car thing makes me feel better about him.

Answers Eomer

Sarcastic remark about voting me for being unhelpful.

Votes for Eomer

Conclusion:
He looks less wolfish than he did before. 6 out of 10 on the wolvery scale, I say.

Last edited by Rikae; 07-11-2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Fixing funky formatting.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote