View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #361
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So, I have to return to work tomorrow and may make it home before deadline, but that would leave me no time to read the posts I had missed, so once again I'll be voting early.

Durelins' first post yesterday included this list:
Quote:
I want to look at:
Kitanna
Eonwe
Mith
Ka
Later she added more names:
Quote:
Anyway, my new handy-dandy list of the others (I hope all), in no particular order:
Eomer
Nilp
Shasta
Mith
Sally
Nogrod
Eonwe
Ka
Formendacil
This next list covers a much greater range (obviously).

She's seem skeptical of Mith and her involvement with Nerwen, saying Mith had picked up on one of Nogrod's theories. But she ends the post with
Quote:
Speaking of which...based on the wolf kills, I'd say we must have a Nogwolf...
Of course this could have been speculation on Durelin's part based on past experiences.
Her next post shortens the list:
Quote:
Shasta
Mith
Sally
Eomer
Nogrod
In all three of Durelin's lists Mith is the only constant.

But I have some theories I have been milling over in regards to Durelin's death and her activities chiefly yesterday.

1) She dreamt of Mith, confirmed her hacker behavior and voted for her.
2) She dreamt of Shasta, confirmed hacker behavior, but like my Nogrod theory (see below) didn't want to draw attention. But this doesn't make any sense with her vote for Mith.
3) She had plans to dream of Mith or Shasta and voted for the one she was planning to dream of, thus making a Mithwolf (Shastawolf) and partners semi-nervous.
4) She dreamt of Nogrod and found him guilty of hackery, but didn't want to throw a lot of suspicion his way in fear of drawing hacker attention. This again does not account for her Mith vote except that, again, she didn't want to draw attention to herself.
5) Aside from one Nogwolf comment which may well have been in jest, perhaps Durelin didn't dream of a wolf and this was just what she put together.

Theories 2 and 5 (and to a degree 4) are the most unlikely, but given the fact we don't have anything definite in regards to the dreams I suppose anything is possible. It's likely that 1 may be correct or even 3. Durelin either dreamt or wanted to dream about Mith and this made a Mithwolf and partners worried, thus causing the death of Durelin. Since Mith was a constant in Durelin's list yesterday I am inclined to believe theory 1 is correct.