View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 03:07 AM   #280
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Then it's agreed, Shasta? I'll just post nothing from now on except a vote and you'll have no reason to suspect me? Because how can content-less posts possibly be suspicious?

Also, the phrase ''asking to be lynched'' is just that -- a phrase. No, EW was not literally asking to be lynched. What that means is that he is acting suspiciously. Have you never encountered bold wolves? And it might not even have been boldness on EW's part -- perhaps he was just being quiet and trying to hide. Whether he meant to be provocative or not, the result was that he, along with his weird input, stood out from the crowd.

One more point: you highlight my use of the word 'clear'. If you want to grasp at that particular straw then you're welcome to, but sometimes people -- other than Formendacil of course -- use words incorrectly. ''It is clear that...'' and ''I really think that...'' are synonymous. I'm not writing an objective essay; I'm typing my opinions.

But really, it's been ages since my last proper Werewolf back-and-forth. It feels great. Cheers Shasta min!
I'll suspect you even more, because you're already shown that you've been active. EW seemed to be having RL-issues; happens to many people, hardly a solid foundation in which a suspicion should be based.

I am well-aware that "asking to be lynched" is just a phrase. Something had to occur, though, to make you use that particular phrase. And if it was EW's behavior, then it still should have followed that such behavior - the kind of behavior that attracts suspicion by conspicious noncontribution (is that a word?) - is not a behavioral pattern that a sane wolf would continue indefinately, especially as it's so easy to remedy. And if the reason you used that particular phrase was that he "stood out from the crowd"... why, all one has to do is look at Durelin. XD

And I'm not going to bother engaging you in a debate on the correct usage of the word "clear". I'll leave that to our resident grammar nazi... oh wait, he was lynched Day 1 after making one post.

Why thank you, Eomer, always glad to be of assistance.

Edit: Again, X'd with the second Eomer. And a "wolves do this, I'm not doing this, therefore I'm not a wolf" is a prime example of flawed logic.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote