View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 01:53 AM   #272
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post

I dislike disrespecting the dead, but EW's posts were so remarkably unhelpful that he was practically asking the village to lynch him.
Sorry, can't sleep, so I figured I'd have a go at this.

I have a big problem with this way of thinking. "So and so isn't being helpful, so let's kill him" is a baseless argument. Granted, by the time I voted there were three candidates and I didn't want to kill either of the others, hence why I voted why I did, but even I don't see the reasoning behind it (do with that what you will, it's the truth. I even said when I voted that I was picking the lesser of three evils)
Just because a person isn't posting much or isn't being helpful doesn't mean they're evil. That's along the same logic as "Donna posted tenth and the tenth post is always made by a wolf" or "Jackie didn't vote until David did both days so she must be following instructions from him". I just don't see the logic. (Granted, there are quiet wolves, but being only Day 2 it seems rather strange to accuse a person of unhelpfulness and lynch them for it. Again, being a bit of a hypocrite but as I said, I did what I thought best at the time.)
So the moral of the story is if you want to suggest lynching someone, fine, but find a better reason to do it than that they are not being as helpful as you'd like. Sorry if it's a bit blunt, but....erm, it's 3am, so bear with me.

Also, please do explain the post I quoted above. I realize I'm probably just stupid, but I'd appreciate it if you'd rephrase it so I don't misunderstand what you're talking about. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ignore my second example (regarding such people as Jackie and David). My brain frazzled in the middle of it and I actually put something that made sense. Obviously I'm leaving it in, but mostly so you all can laugh at my ineptness.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-09-2008 at 02:02 AM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote