View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #33
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
"Visions of paradise, cloudless skies I see
Rainbows on the hill, blue onyx on the sea..."

-- The Moody Blues, from In Search of the Lost Chord

For me, paradise would encompass the final vision of Frodo as he took the last ship into the West: "And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise."

One of my most cherished bits of Tolkien prose. Ummm...excuse me, it seems I have something in my eye. *sniffs*