Thread: The Witch-King
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
Nikkolas
Haunting Spirit

Nikkolas has just left Hobbiton.
The Witch-King

I'm new. Hey all.

I've long liked the character of the Witch-King and yes, I got into LOTR because of the movies. But I'm starteing to try and learn all i can of the true LOTR-verse depicted in J.R.R.'s writings. It's a large complex mythos and I want to understand some things better.

I know the Witch King is just a man and thus can not compete with Maiar be they Gandalf the White level or way lower.

However, how strong is he in terms of the beings below that level? Is he at least the strongest man ever on Middle-earth? If he was indeed one of these "great kings" of the Númenóreans, a race I hear Sauron himself feared, would it not stand to reason that with all those powers plus those he gains in his wraith unlife that he is a bit more powerful than he is usually given credit?
I saw this topic and it looks like he's ranked at the absolute bottom of everyone. I know as I said he's not close to Morgoth (at his higher levels anyway) or Sauron but still, kinda destroying my vision of a powerful second-in-command to Sauron with him being so low.
Nikkolas is offline   Reply With Quote