View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 10:01 PM   #30
thalioniathiel
Animated Skeleton

thalioniathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I have encouraged quite a few online friends to see the movie. I've "made" my dad watch it a couple times, and the first time he said it was exciting, and the second time he didn't even notice it took 3 hours...and not too long ago, he asked when The Two Towers comes out. :-)

Also, my little sister wanted to watch the movie with me, and I wasn't sure if she should, since she is 6 and it might be too scary for her. I did let her, though, and explained a lot of stuff to her. She had a lot of questions! Some parts were a bit too scary for her, so I fast forwarded through them. I also warned her when gross or scary things were coming up, and afterwards, she told me it wasn't too scary. When she had started watching with me, the movie was already in the middle, and when we got to the end, we were both crying. She wanted to hug me, like Sam and Frodo in the boat. She also cried when Boromir died; I was afraid she would be scared and think it was gross, but I explained what happened and she just felt sad. I started the movie again so she could see the more fun stuff like the fireworks and the smoke rings--she liked those. She fell asleep before we got to the place where she had started watching, but the next time I wanted to watch, she wanted to watch it with me. She said she liked it. :-) She didn't pay that much attention to "the boring parts" but went and got a ring and tied it to a string, put her favorite blanket around her shoulders like a cloak, and said she was playing Lord of the Rings. She can read very well, and I'm sure it won't be long before we can read The Hobbit together.
thalioniathiel is offline   Reply With Quote